My #100thankfuldays ~ Day 73

When I was about 8 or 9 years of age, I broke my left arm 
while playing at a neighbor's yard where I fell off a brick wall 
(yes, I was a wall-climbing freak back then!). 
Numb and sore from my shoulders to the tip of my fingers
and left-handed that I am, Tatay said,
"Gagaling naman yan, tapos pwede ka na ulit magsulat."
(You could write again when your left hand has healed).
But then, I still wrote on and on, using my right hand,
with Tatay and Nanay looking at me in disbelief.
I just told them, "Nakakasulat naman yung kanang kamay ko."
(I could still write using my right hand).

Happiness comes from mastering the art of appreciating
and consciously enjoying what you already have.
We have to be conscious of the blessings in life
and make the effort never to dwell but to breeze through adversities.
Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day--
and that should be recognized and captured,
and used as an every day joy.
Make the choice to start noticing, enjoying and savoring,
no matter how regular or plain that might be,
it is just there in our radar and most times, taken for granted.

11282014



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My #100happydays ~ Day 55

My #100happydays ~ Day 99

Missives from my heart ~ May 2011