My #100thankfuldays ~ Day 93

 There is comfort in being nice when you expect nothing in return.

Don't be nice merely because you want to be liked for it.
It would be like appeasing egotistically and
your heart may fill up with emptiness instead of smiles.

When other people treat you poorly, keep doing you.
Never let anyone's bitterness change the person you are.
I remember my grandfather once told me,
that if there comes a moment when I feel really mad
at someone who wronged me and wanted to get even,
I must will myself to say something nice about that person.
And if I did, the feeling of revenge would fade
and I could go on living my life with a light heart. 
12182014





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My #100happydays ~ Day 55

My #100happydays ~ Day 99

Missives from my heart ~ May 2011