A Thousand Country Roads

So, in that lifetime when you were reading beneath a yellow evening lamp and wondering about the far places and maybe wishing to visit them, places where I've been dozens of times, I was passing by your window and wishing just the opposite.  I was wishing for your chair and your lamp, your family and your friends. 


To hold a grievance against fate accomplishes nothing; things occur without reason or rhyme, and no more can be said.  Railing against such fortune is to censure wood smoke or wind and to be sorrowed through all the days of your passing.  In the end, there is nothing left except to shoulder whatever you have been handed and to go on.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My #100happydays ~ Day 55

My #100happydays ~ Day 99

Missives from my heart ~ May 2011